Tarrant Regional Water District has an entity developed to reduce litter in North Texas waterways, along our roads, and in our communities. OCG+ was charged to develop and implement an integrated PR and marketing campaign that raises awareness of the Reverse Litter program and the impact of litter across the D/FW region, specifically in Dallas, Denton, and Fort Worth – all three cities that contribute to the development and advancement of Reverse Litter.
OCG+ created an integrated marketing and PR campaign to encourage North Texans to make the pledge. Using Reverse Litter’s existing creative assets, OCG+ targeted active families, outdoor enthusiasts, those who are environmentally concerned and community activists.
TRWD continues to evolve its communications needs according to how they can best serve Dallas, Denton and Tarrant counties. To date, we have been proud to see the increase in awareness and participation across North Texas with these results:
- Facebook page likes spiked 50% in Q2 upon OCG+ channel oversight and remained consistent throughout 2017
- Impressions increased more than 291% with OCG+ implementation of content management and new reporting systems in 2017
- Averaged 36.6K impressions each quarter with Reverse Litter’s Twitter audience
- #ReverseLitter used on social media earned an estimated 583K impressions
- Averaged 25K engaged users on Facebook, 330% more than previous years
- All social media efforts curated a 2.3% engagement rate (1.7% above industry average)
- Earned 17 regional and statewide stories around Reverse Litter’s efforts on Earth Day
- Increased website pledges to Reverse Litter by 30%
- Secured more than $111,000 in public service announcements by regional broadcast media
- Awarded PRSA’s Pegasus Award for 2016 – 2017’s creative artwork and campaign commercials
- Increased North Texas brand awareness and share-of-voice in traditional and social media by 13%
- 2017 Worthy Award for Special Tactic “Painting Young Minds – Reverse Litter Coloring and Activity Book”